Community Safety

Community Safety Leaflet cover for website

At Trivallis we understand everyone has the right to feel safe in their own home and community. Our Neighbourhood Managers, Scheme Managers and Community Safety Team work hard to tackle anti-social behaviour head on.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) and neighbour nuisance are terms that describe a range of behaviours that can affect and upset other people. This can be things like abusive or threatening behaviour, loud music, drug misuse, vandalism, graffiti, or dumping of rubbish. More serious anti-social behaviour can include hate-related incidents, physical violence, domestic abuse, drug dealing or criminal offences.

ASB - what it isn't...

  • Children playing in the street or arguing
  • Everyday household events such as; flushing toilets, cooking smells, smoking in own home, washing machines, babies crying or playing
  • Staring or looking at someone
  • Pets straying across your garden
  • One off noise nuisance such as a one-off party or BBQ
  • Personal disputes where no breach of tenancy can be proven
  • Problems arising from a conflict of lifestyles, such as shift work


ASB - your responsibilities...

When you signed your tenancy agreement with us you promised to be responsible for the behaviour of everyone living in or visiting your home. All we ask is for you to be a good neighbour and to, wherever possible, sort things out between you and your neighbours – sometimes all it needs is a quick chat.

What can you do yourself?

We take any reports of ASB seriously but there are a few things you can do yourself to try and sort out any issues out before you get in touch with us.

Where appropriate, the first thing to do is to try talking to the person or people involved as they may not be aware that their behaviour is affecting you (often the case where noise is concerned). Do this calmly, explain things properly and try to avoid any bad feeling. If the problem doesn’t stop then the next step is to speak to your Neighbourhood Manager or Scheme Manager who will be able to offer you advice and support.

What we can do for you

We take reports of ASB very seriously and will identify the most appropriate solutions to your problems.

We have a wide range of legal powers and effective tools at our disposal including:

  • Investigation of all complaints of ASB
  • Providing support and help through the investigation process
  • Offering a professional mediation service to resolve neighbour disputes
  • Issuing verbal and written warnings
  • Taking legal action such as Injunctions and if necessary evictions to stop ASB
  • The Noise App to investigate all noise related complaints

ASB - how to report it...

If your concerns are serious and immediate, you should call the police or the relevant emergency services by dialling 999.

You can report anti-social behaviour to us by filling in our online form, here: Report anti-social behaviour

Here are some other useful contacts you may find you need:

Police non-emergency number 101 101
All Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 80 10 800 A.W.D.A helpline
For social services, environmental health
and waste enforcement contact Rhondda
Cynon Taf Council
01443 425005 RCT logo


UK Housing Award Winner

Welsh Housing Awards Highly Commended