If you have a couple of empty jars, craft paint and glitter hanging around the house, why not have a go at creating your own jolly jars this Christmas? They can be a perfect festive edition to your dinner table as they make great homemade centrepieces.
- Empty and cleaned glass jars (pasta or jam jars work well)
- Decorations which could include; paint, glitter, stickers, wrapping paper and ribbon
- Battery powered tealights
- If you haven’t already, make sure to thoroughly clean your jar by removing the label and washing out any remaining food.
- Draw a Christmas stencil on a piece of card and then cut it out and stick in place on your jar.
- Paint all of your jar in the colour of your choice. It may need one or two coats to make sure it’s well covered.
- Once the paint has dried, carefully remove the stencil and then add a few finishing touches to the outline. Glitter and different coloured paint work really well to help it stand out.
- When it is all ready to go, put in place and add a battery powered tealight to give a warming glow.
You can also use paper and glitter to decorate your jars. Here are a few ideas to help with some inspiration: