If you are feeling crafty, and have a bit of spare time, why not try making your own Christmas crackers from scratch? All you will need is a couple of toilet roll tubes, left over Christmas wrapping paper, ribbon and a nice treat to fill your cracker.
- Toilet paper roll tubes
- Christmas wrapping paper
- Ribbon, string, twine or anything else that will work well for tying
- Sweets, trinkets, little notes (love notes, holiday wishes) or any small treat to stuff your crackers
- Cut your wrapping paper into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Lay the paper on a flat surface, and place three toilet roll tubes along the bottom.
- Roll the wrapping paper around the tube until you reach the end of the paper. You can add a bit of tape to keep it secure if you want too.
- By using a piece of string or twine, gently tighten and tie the paper at one end; using the toilet roll tube to help create a nice cracker effect.
- Using some decorative ribbon or string, tie off the cracker.
- Add your cracker surprise and then repeat steps 4 and 5 on the opposite side.
Watch our video to see just how simple it is to create your own Christmas crackers: