With Coronavirus (COVID-19) being the topic of conversation everywhere at the moment, it can all be a bit overwhelming. It is important that your well-being, and mental health stay a priority and you take care of yourself during these extraordinary times.
Below are some things for you to consider whilst you stay at home to stay safe:
- Plan a routine – try to follow your ordinary routine as much as you can and organise what you will do with your time, having a plan or setting some daily goals will help with this.
- Try to keep active – use online exercise videos, cleaning or walking around your home to keep you moving about and staying as active as possible.
- Reach out to people – you may have limited contact with other people but use video call, phone calls or any way of messaging people to keep interacting and talking to people that you are unable to meet in person.
- Find ways to spend your time – be creative with some arts and crafts, try something new by trying out a new hobby or organising and sorting your home. Don’t forget we also have some handy at home gardening tips which you can follow, here: gardening tips.
- Keep your mind stimulated – keep your brain busy by reading books and magazines, playing games and solving puzzles, watching films or TV.
- Be careful with the information you are receiving – try to gain your information from trusted sources like GOV.WALES or NHS. If the news on social media, online or TV gets too much, take a break and turn it off.
Check out our Week of Wellbeing for more support and information to take care of your physical and mental wellbeing.
If you have a young person struggling with mental health, there’s support available here.
For more information about Coronavirus and Trivallis, visit our dedicated COVID-19 information page.