As Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be the main topic across Wales and the rest of the UK, it is important that you get your information from a reliable source.
The NHS website has a variety of useful information surrounding the virus. The information that they have on offer is for the whole of the UK, it covers:
- Information on what the main symptoms are – high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- What to do if you have symptoms – self-isolate and get a test
- Use the NHS 111 service if you’re worried about symptoms or not sure what to do, for yourself and your child
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus
- Your coronavirus test result
- Help the NHS alert your close contacts if you test positive (Test and Trace)
- If you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
- Antibody test to check if you’ve had coronavirus
- When to self-isolate and what to do
- How long to self-isolate
- How to avoid spreading coronavirus to people you live with
- How to treat your symptoms at home
- Help and financial support while you’re self-isolating
- What to do if your symptoms get worse
- What to do if you get symptoms again
- Who’s at higher risk from coronavirus
- Advice for people at high risk (shielding)
- Get vitamin D supplements
- Get a shielding note
- Check a shielding note
- Pregnancy and coronavirus
- Other conditions and coronavirus
- What you need to do to socially distance
- Using the NHS and other health services
- Bereavement advice and support
- Who can get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Advice if you’re of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccine side effects
- COVID-19 vaccine ingredients
- More information on the vaccine
- Coronavirus vaccine research
- Donate blood plasma if you’ve had coronavirus
- NHS COVID-19 app
- England restrictions and UK government advice
- Work and financial support
- Advice for travellers
- Information for health professionals
- Advice in other parts of the UK
To read all of the information that they have available, visit the NHS website.
It is important to understand that this advice is provided for the whole of the UK and some information may not apply due to different rules across the four nations.
For more information and support surrounding Coronavirus, visit our dedicated COVID-19 information page.