Skip to main content

Your rent and finances

1 April 2020

Important update | Money Advice | Rent |

URL copied

We understand that many customers will be affected financially by the current Government measures due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

Our promise to you is that Trivallis is committed to making sure that, during lockdown, no one is evicted as a direct result of financial hardship suffered during the coronavirus crisis. We need you to get in touch as soon as possible if you are struggling to pay your rent or need help to make a claim for benefits. We are proud to be here for you.

We’ve put together some frequently asked questions but if you need further advice and support, including help to make claims for the benefits you’d be entitled to, contact us as soon as possible:

My income has reduced, what should I do?

If your household income has reduced and you are struggling to afford your rent, we recommend that you make a claim for benefits to include the housing element for your rent. If you are entitled to Universal Credit, you will be able to request an advance payment to give you access to funds straight away.

The Government has put in place additional measures to ensure that claims are paid without delay, and some people who may not have been entitled to benefits before, will now be able to make a claim.

If you have had to wait for your benefits to be paid to you and arrears have built up on your account, we will come to an agreement for this to be repaid at an affordable rate once things have settled down. Please speak to one of the Income Management Team who will be able to help you set up this repayment arrangement. You can contact them by selecting the ‘rent information’ tab on our contact us form, here:

You can also get independent, impartial and free debt advice available from:

What will happen to my rent account?

We know that this is a difficult time for everyone, and we are proud to be here to support you through it, all we ask is that you keep in touch. We will not take any eviction action for unpaid rent if you are affected by Government measures or the impacts of coronavirus. There will be no interest or additional charges added to your account.

I’m not sure what I am entitled to. Can you help me?

Our support teams can advise you on making a claim for benefits. You can contact our Money Advice or STEPS teams, here:
Alternatively visit and click on the online calculator tool to check if you’re eligible to make a claim for benefits during this time.

Can I have 3 months off from paying my rent?

You may have seen that some mortgage lenders are offering payment holidays for up to 3 months for people whose income has been affected by the coronavirus. However, this will need to be paid back to lenders and interest is likely to be added.

The good news for renters is that the Government has introduced additional support for you, which means that you may now be entitled to claim for your rent to be ‘paid’ whilst your income is affected. Please visit to check if you are eligible for help with paying your rent.

I’m already under a payment agreement or court order for my rent. What do I do?

If your income has not been affected by the measures put in place during the COVID-19 outbreak, you will need to carry on paying as you normally do. If your income is affected, and you are now unable to meet these payments, please contact your Rent Account Manager to discuss your account. We will assess your current agreement or court order to make sure this is still affordable for you. Contact us:

I usually pay my rent at the local shop / Post Office but I can’t go there now. What should I do?

There are a number of different payment methods available to you.

  • Use your AllPay card to make payment using the AllPay telephone line on 0844 557 8321 or you can pay your rent online
  • Use your AllPay card to make payment by downloading the AllPay app for your smart phone
  • Set up a direct debit – speak to your Rent Account Manager to set up a paperless direct debit:

I usually call your offices to pay my rent using my debit card. What should I do?

Our offices are now closed and many of our colleagues are working from home. Payment regulations mean we are only able to take limited amounts over the phone so we ask that you think about using one of the payment methods listed above. If you are unsure which payment method would work best for you we can help, get in touch:

Further support and information

  • HMRC has setup a helpline  for people who are self-employed and businesses that are faced with financial difficulties. They are providing advice on your tax and benefits. Call them on 0300 456 3565
  • Universal Credit guidance for claimants that are self-isolating has been published by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will not be sanctioned if you do not attend your Job Centre appointments.

We will continue to update our website if anything changes over the coming weeks. We appreciate that situations are changing daily, so please keep in touch with us if you are struggling to afford your rent and we will support you where we can.