The rolling seven-day new case rate is 82.1 per 100,000 people in Rhondda Cynon Taf. Yesterday, the testing positivity rate was 4.3% – this is the highest positivity rate in Wales.
Following the rapid increase in the number of cases in Rhondda Cynon Taf, the following restrictions will be introduced for local people from 6pm on 17th September:
- people will not be allowed to enter or leave the Rhondda Cynon Taf Council area without a reasonable excuse.
- everyone over 11 will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public areas – as is the case across Wales.
- people will only be able to meet outdoors for the time being. People will not be able to meet members of their extended household indoors or form an extended household.
- all licensed premises will have to close at 11pm.
The new measures will be kept under regular review and enforcement of the new restrictions will be undertaken by the local authority and by the police.
Trivallis’ priority is the safety of staff and tenants. After reviewing the current Government guidance, we have decided that it does not affect our current offer of services, as all staff will be following the safe systems of work in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will monitor the situation and update our information immediately with any changes.
Regardless of where you live or work, if you have symptoms of coronavirus, you must self-isolate immediately and get a test.
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Book a test here: https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
You must contact us immediately if we are due to visit your home for an appointment and you or anyone else in your home have symptoms.
For full FAQ’s surrounding the RCT local lockdown, click here.
For further information on support available for tenants, visit our COVID-19 information page.