Download our Halloween pumpkin carving templates
Whether you’re thinking of entering our Halloween at Home pumpkin competition or just fancy getting creative, we have all the tips and templates you need to carve the perfect Halloween pumpkin.
Warning: Pumpkin carving involves using a sharp items, so kids should get grown-ups to help!
- a medium to large pumpkin
- a sharp knife or a pumpkin carving kit (you can get these from most supermarkets)
- a large spoon
- a pen
- flameless tealight
- access to a printer if you want to use our pumpkin carving templates
- Cut off the ‘crown’ of the pumpkin and put the top to one side.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out the seeds, fibres and some flesh from from inside the pumpkin.
- Use our pumpkin carving templates to find the design you want, print one out and use the tape to stick this to the front of your pumpkin.
- Using your pen, create dotted lines around the outline of the stencil that go through the paper and into the front of the pumpkin. Once you’ve gone all the way around, remove the paper and tape and ou should be left with the outline of the design.
- If you don’t have a printer you can simply use a pen to draw on a spooky face or copy one of our designs.
- Use a knife or pumpkin carving kit to cut through the skin of the pumpkin following the design. This part should be done by a responsible adult.
- Once you’ve cut out your design, pop in your flameless tealight and put the top back on your pumpkin to see how it glows. Please avoid using real flame candles in your pumpkins as this may cause a fire.
Once you’re happy with your pumpkin, take a snap of your efforts and share it on Facebook or twitter, tagging in @wearetrivallis and using #TrivallisHalloween to be in with a chance of winning our best pumpkin competition and £30 Love to Shop vouchers!
Stay safe and have fun!