This dessert is a real Christmas showstopper. Perfect for any chocoholic it’s an easy and indulgent, sweet Christmas treat.
What you’ll need:
- 2 packs of ready rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Icing sugar
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- An over, preheated to 190 degrees Celsius or gas mark 5
- A spoon
- A sieve
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius or gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place one sheet of ready rolled pastry down onto the baking paper and lightly score into the shape of a Christmas tree (triangle) with a wide base.
- Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over the triangle in a thin layer with the back of a spoon.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry on top of the chocolate spread. Carefully trace the shape of the chocolate covered triangle underneath and cut out the Christmas tree shape and the trunk. Pull away excess pastry.
- Stopping before they meet in the middle, cut branches into the sides of the pastry tree.
- Twist the branches away from you, trying to get in 2 turns on the lower branches. Continue moving up the tree, twisting away from you as you go.
- Cut a small star out of the excess pastry; place on top of the tree.
- Beat the egg and brush over the entire tree and star.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving plate and dust with icing sugar using the sieve for a snowy effect.
If you want to be extra indulgent with your Christmas Tree Dessert, our chocoholic dip is the perfect addition.
What you’ll need:
- 5 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A microwave proof bowl
- A glass to serve
- Spoon all the ingredients into a bowl suitable for the microwave and stir.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir again.
- Repeat the heating and stirring in 30 second intervals until the sauce is well mixed and looks smooth.
- Pour into the serving glass and enjoy.
Watch the tutorial, below:
Send us a photo of your Chocolate Christmas Tree by tagging us on social media @WeAreTrivallis with #TrivallisAdvent
Find out more about our #TrivallisAdvent campaign and enjoy some festive fun this Christmas.