Updated 4 January 2021
We want to thank customers for your continued patience during what are extraordinary circumstances.
Your safety and that of our colleagues is our priority, and we are taking precautions to make sure anyone who visits your home is safe to do so.
As always, the safety of tenants and staff is our number one priority. Please let us know immediately if you are expecting a visit from Trivallis and you or a member of your household has symptoms of COVID-19.
Repairs and planned works
- Our emergency repairs service will continue.
- We will review urgent and routine repairs that are booked in and directly contact any tenant whose appointment is affected by the restrictions to re-arrange.
- Compliance work will continue as a priority. This includes gas and electrical safety checks and fire safety inspections. Colleagues carrying out this work have been trained in COVID safe ways of working and have the appropriate PPE.
- Homeless priority allocations will continue in collaboration with RCTCBC.
- We will continue with sign ups
- Mutual exchanges and transfer requests will be dealt with on a case by case basis
- New tenant gas checks will continue.
- Advertising ‘to-let’ properties on Homefinder cycles will continue.
- Our tenancy management colleagues will be home working where possible and contacting tenants by telephone. These telephone appointments include anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse and hate crime case management. The need for any site visits will be reviewed on a case by case basis, depending on the severity.
- Safeguarding referrals can still be made by contacting us.
- If we are not given access to your home to carry out gas servicing and not provided with a valid reason, we will be in touch by telephone and any notices on a tenancy will delivered by post.
- Visual inspections of communal blocks and fire risk inspections will be carried out by our estates team.
- We will continue with communal cleaning and the removal of hazards and obstructions in these areas. Outdoor work such as grass cutting, grounds maintenance and estate clearances will also continue.
- External visual inspections of Sheltered Schemes relating to RNIB standards will continue.
- Internal cleaning will continue.
- Scheme inspections including communal area emergency lighting, fire safety checks and other compliance e.g. legionella checks will continue.
- Providing ongoing support to vulnerable tenants and residents by telephone will continue. We will only visit if there is no response and concerns are raised.
- Fire checks will continue to be carried out and any alarm activations will be responded to at any point of the day or night by the on-call team.
- Fire stopping defaults and waterproofing default work in sheltered schemes will continue, following safe systems of work.
- We will continue with the delivery of food bank supplies to tenants where needed.
- We will continue to provide ongoing support to vulnerable tenants and residents by telephone. We will only arrange a visit if there is no response and concerns are raised.
- We will continue to visit tenants where access for compliance work is a concern or there is a high rent arrears case.
- Following guidance from Supporting People, we will continue to provide ongoing support to vulnerable tenants and residents by telephone. We will only arrange a visit if there is no response and concerns are raised.
Assets and Development
- Surveyors will work externally and in voids
- Essential internal surveys will be carried out on a case by case basis
- Contractors are required to follow Government Guidance and agreed safe systems of work at all times
Our teams are working extremely hard to carry out services safely and we ask that you are patient as we adapt to these changes. If you need to contact us, please bear with us as we are experiencing a high volume of calls.
If you or others are in immediate danger and require the services of the police, fire services or ambulance you must always call 999. If you need the services of the Police for an incident that is less urgent please call 101.
Information on Coronavirus:
COVID-19 is an illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
We’d like to reassure you that we are taking extra measures to ensure your health and safety.
We are regularly checking updates from health experts and the Government and what those mean for Trivallis and how we operate.
Whilst we are not healthcare experts and cannot answer any questions that relate to individual health concerns, as a responsible business we are following Government advice on the virus and want to share this information with you.
We have set up daily business continuity catch-ups with our senior team to look at any changes in government or NHS advice. We’ll be updating this page with new information or changes.
Official and up to date information can be found on the following websites:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know: Public Health Matters
Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK: GOV.UK
Coronavirus (COVID-19) overview and common questions: NHS
Universal Credit and Coronavirus: Understanding Universal Credit
Thank you for your support, keep safe.