This week (22nd February), children in the Foundation Phase (aged 3-7 years old) returned to school as part of the Welsh Government’s phased return of pupils to schools.
Despite some children returning, we must still limit the spread of the virus to help keep schools and childcare open and to allow more children to return. Therefore, the Welsh Government are advising that you need to remember:
- Only share a lift to school if you must
- Wear a mask for school drop off and catch up over the phone, not at the school gate
- Always remember- hands, face, space
- School bubbles are for school only
- Keep your child at home if they are unwell – even if you don’t think it’s Coronavirus. If they have symptoms of COVID-19, you will need to book them a test and isolate.
More guidance around schools and coronavirus can be found, here.
If your child needs to self-isolate, there is information about this, here.
For more information and support around Coronavirus, visit our dedicated information page.