Give your used tin cans a new lease of life this spring and create some bunny planters to brighten up your home. Find out what you’ll need and how to make below:
What you will need:
- Tin can
- White card
- Felt pens
- Googly eyes
- Cello tape
How to make:
- Take your tin can, remove any packaging, wash with warm soapy water and dry. Be careful of any sharp edges that may still be there, push them down into the can with a butter knife or cover with tape.
- Take a piece of white card and fold in half. Cut the paper in half and wrap it around the tin and secure with cello tape or glue.
- Take a piece of white card and cut out two oval shapes for the feet, two ear shapes and a small oval for the nose. Using your pens, draw on toes and soles to the feet, colour in the insides of the ears and colour the nose.
- Using your glue attach the feet to the front of the tin at the bottom and the ears to the top.
- Add googly eyes to the front. If you don’t have googly eyes, you can draw them on with a pen or use buttons instead.
- Glue on the nose and draw a small face with whiskers onto your bunny planter and leave to dry.
- Once everything is dry, fill the tin with soil and add some seeds or a potted plant to bring your planter to life and remember to water it.
Follow the tutorial, below:
Send us photos of your Easter crafts by tagging us on social media @WeAreTrivallis and use #TrivallisEaster in your post.
We have more Easter activities for you to get involved in, here.