Skip to main content

Are Your Contents Covered?  

6 April 2021

#ValleysMag | Partnership Working |

URL copied

Ask yourself this question… 

“If I had to replace all of my belongings in my home, how much would it cost me?” 

The chances are that the figure is high, which is why having contents insurance is so important to protect your belongings. 

No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolenso home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind. As a general rule, your contents are the things that could be taken with you if you decided to move home. 

A contents insurance policy protects your stuff against theft or damage from incidents like fire or flooding. This could include: 

  • Furniture – beds, sofas, wardrobes and dining tables. 
  • Kitchenware – pots, pans, cutlery as well as microwaves, kettles etc. 
  • Soft furnishings – cushions, curtain and bedding. 
  • Electricals – TVs, DVD players, laptops, games consoles and digital media. 
  • Toys, ornaments and antiques. 
  • Clothes and jewellery. 

The list goes on, and you’d be surprised at how much it all adds up. 

It’s important that you have the right cover in place if you ever become a victim of theft, fire or flood damage. As you may end up needing to replace a lot, if not all, of your belongings. 

Trivallis does not cover your contents as part of your tenancy agreement.  It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. 

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Trivallis has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited, which provides the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist tenants contents insurance policy. 

The My Home scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. 

How do I get further information? 

Visit our contents insurance information page.

Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288 

Alternatively, please visit the for more information or to request a call back. 

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.