Ready, Set, Go!
It’s day one of the Trek with Trivallis challenge, where a team of Trivallis staff, tenants, and their families and friends, are working together to cover the full length of the coastal path of Wales. That’s 870 miles, in just 30 days, virtually!
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has volunteered to take part to raise money for our charity partner, Alzheimer’s Society Cymru.
If you’ve signed up, you will receive an email with all the information you need. In case you miss it, here are a few things we will need from you along the way:
- We will be keeping a weekly record of how far we have walked to keep track of the total distance – we are asking participants to email the total amount of miles they have walked that week, every Friday by 12pm, beginning on 9th April.
- We will be posting regular updates about the challenge each week and featuring a ‘top trekker’, shining a light on the person who has covered the most miles that week – if you do not want to be featured, please let us know when submitting your miles.
- We would love it if you could send in pictures of yourselves out for walks – please remember to use #TrekWithTrivallis and tag @WeAreTrivallis in your Facebook, Twitter or Linked In posts so we can share.
- We are asking that all donations are received through our Just Giving page – all donations will go directly to Alzheimer’s Society Cymru and will be used to support the Dementia Connects project based in Pontypridd.
If you are looking for new local walking routes whilst completing the challenge, here are some suggestions below:
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council has different options of walking paths based around RCT for you to select from, here.
- Sport RCT has videos of walking routes based around Rhondda Cynon Taf, here.
- Outdoor Cardiff has a selection of walking trails based around Cardiff, here.
Please remember to follow the latest Government advice surrounding COVID-19 when completing your challenge.
Good luck and enjoy your Trek with Trivallis!
If you’re yet to sign up and want to get involved, get in contact with Alix by emailing Alix.Howells@trivallis.co.uk by the end of the day on the 1st April, the latest.