For both adults and kids, have a go at making these fun string Easter eggs to brighten up your home for spring. They are a great seasonal decoration, and will be great fun for all the family to make!
What you’ll need:
- Coloured string or embroidery thread
- Water balloons (you may want to use a hand pump to inflate)
- PVA glue
How to make:
- Blow up the balloons to the size of a large egg, cut arm-lengths of the string or thread (about 6 lengths per balloon), and mix a bowl of glue and water to make it runny enough to soak the thread in.
- Take a piece of thread and soak it in the glue mixture, making sure it is fully coated. As you remove it from the bowl, slide your fingers down the length of thread to remove excess glue.
- Wrap the gluey thread around the balloon and repeat with the remaining 5 lengths of thread.
- Use the pegs to hang the balloons up so they can dry fully – it is best to leave them overnight, so they set properly and don’t deflate when you pop the balloon.
- Once the string is fully dry, pop the balloon and use your fingers or tweezers to remove form the egg.
- Now you can decide how to display them – you could hang them up using left over string tied to the eggs or place them in a bowl for everyone to see!
If you have made these, we would love to see them! Tag @WeAreTrivallis on social media using #ValleysMag to show us your Easter creations!