Fancy a tasty snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth? These treats are a great way of using up any left over Easter chocolate you might have, and are guaranteed to hit the spot!
- 225g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g dried cranberries
- 200g chocolate mini eggs
Nutrition (per serving – 10):
Calories – 399 Saturates – 14g
Protein – 4g Carbs – 39g
Total fat – 24g Total sugars – 829g
Fibre – 4g
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Remove from heat and mix in cocoa powder and golden syrup.
3. Crush the biscuits, leaving some bigger chunks, and stir into the chocolate with the marshmallows, cranberries and 150g of the mini eggs.
4. Pour mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper and press down until firm. Scatter over remaining mini eggs.
5. Set in fridge for 1hr then cut into bars. Enjoy!
This story is from the Spring 2022 issue of our Trivallis Valleys Magazine. To read the full issue, visit our Valleys Magazine page.