Having a BBQ this summer?
Why not try out our smoky BBQ chicken and sweetcorn recipes, which are quick and cost effective to make, and sure to impress those around the table!
- Season 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks, then cook in the oven at 1800c for 40 mins.
- Heat 1tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp cider vinegar, 1tbsp Dijon mustard, 4tbsp light brown sugar, 4tbsp ketchup and 75ml apple juice in a pan and simmer until thick.
- Brush cooked chicken with BBQ sauce and barbeque until browned and sticky, then coat with more sauce. Enjoy!
- Cook 4 corn on the cobs in boiling water for 6 mins.
- Combine 75g of softened butter, ½ chopped chilli, 2 garlic cloves, juice of ½ lime and ½ bunch of chopped coriander in a bowl.
- Once cooked, remove the corn and coat in the butter mixture.
- Place on barbeque and grill until slightly charred.
This story is from the Summer 2022 issue of our Trivallis Valleys Magazine. To read the full issue, visit our Valleys Magazine page.