- 250g couscous
- 250ml vegetable stock , boiling
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 300g courgette , sliced on the slant
- 300g small tomatoes , halved
- 250g pack halloumi cheese , thickly sliced and then halved lengthways
For the dressing
- 125ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp sugar
- Tip the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling vegetable stock. Cover and leave for five minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry sliced courgette for 2-3 minutes until golden. Put aside
- Place baby tomatoes, cut-side down, into the pan, and cook until slightly browned. Put aside.
- Add the halloumi strips to the pan and turn every 60 seconds until crisp and brown.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, mint, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add half of the dressing to the couscous along with the chickpeas.
- Top the couscous with the vegetables and halloumi, and drizzle the rest of the dressing