Save on washing up with this easy and quick one-pan spaghetti dish with meatballs and a tomato sauce. It’s both healthy and low in calories.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 12 meatballs (300g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 large bunch of basil, finely chopped, plus a few whole leaves
- 225g dried spaghetti
- STEP 1 – Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add in the meatballs and cook for 5 mins, turning until browned all over. Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 8 more mins until softened.
- STEP 2 – Add the ketchup, chopped tomatoes, chopped basil and 400ml water to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 3 – When the pasta is cooked and the sauce has reduced, season and sprinkle with the basil leaves to serve.
If you’re looking for more recipes for under £1, Good to Know is a great website that has plenty of healthy recipes to feed the whole family for less. Find out more: www.goodto.com/food/recipe-collections/cheap-family-meals-33813
For more support with the cost of living crisis, visit our dedicated Cost of Living page.