Skip to main content

UC - Don't Lose Out!

22 March 2023

#ValleysMag | #YBaeMag | Money Advice | Universal Credit |

URL copied

If you receive Universal Credit (UC), then you will need to notify the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on or after the 3rd of April 2023 to inform them that your rent has changed.

You will not be able to update your UC claim until your rent has increased on 3rd April 2023, so please ensure you update it on or after this date, not before.

To make this easier for you, the DWP will send you a ‘To-Do’ notification to your journal in the first week of April 2023.

You must complete the ‘To-Do’ before the end of your UC assessment period in April 2023 or you will miss out on the money you are due.

Failure to update your UC claim could result in you missing out on benefits and your rent account falling into arrears.

To update your UC claim, you will need to:

See our step-by-step process of how to make the changes:

 1. Confirm your housing costs are changing

  Date of change

2. Confirm your new weekly rent

(These figures are examples only.)

3.  Confirm changes to service charges

Please note that if you manage your UC account over the phone, you will need to notify the DWP by calling 0800 328 5644.

Unfortunately, we are unable to inform the DWP on your behalf but if you require any support, please contact the Income Collection Team for further advice:


This story is from our Spring 2023 issue of valleys. and y bae. magazine, click the links to read the latest issue.