During the colder months, we all use more energy and with this comes an increase in cost. Here are some ways that you can save on your energy bills by making small changes:
- Turn your thermostat down by 1°C and set it to the lowest comfortable temperature, typically between 18°C and 21°C.
- Turn off the lights in your home when you are not using them.
- Switch appliances off at the socket, rather than leaving them on standby.
- Wash your clothes at a lower temperature.
- Don’t over fill your kettle, only use the amount of water that you need.
- Swap having a bath for a 4-minute shower.
- Cover your pans when cooking as food will cook quicker.
- Wait until you have enough washing to put a full load in your washing machine.
- Don’t cover or block your radiators, making sure they are clear will keep them heating your room effectively.
- Close your curtains and blinds at night, to keep the heat in.
If you’re struggling with your energy bills, speak to your supplier or get in touch with our Money Advice Team.