Does something need fixing in your bathroom or kitchen?
When you report your repair we’ll try and take as many details as possible to help establish the type of work that will be needed and understand the timescale we will need to work to. This will be based on the nature of the work, the impact of the issue, the availability of materials and other factors.
The below sets out a suggested timeframe over which you might expect the repair issue to be dealt with. This may range between 24 hours to 7 days for high priority works, and up to 6-12 months for less urgent repairs that may be made safe in the first instance and then followed up for a longer term fix.
Repairs to be completed within 24hrs
- Blocked or leaking foul drain, soil stack, or toilet pan (where there is no other working toilet in the dwelling).
- Toilet not flushing (where there is no other working toilet in the dwelling).
Repairs to be completed within 3 working days
- Blocked sink, bath, or basin.
- Tap inoperable.
Repairs to be completed within 7 working days
- Mechanical extractor fan not working.
Repairs to be completed within 20 working days
- Kitchen repairs.
- Bathroom repairs (repairs to sanitary ware).
Repairs to be completed within 3 months
- Renewal bathroom sanitary ware (baths, wash basins, toilets).
- Renewal Kitchen units/worktops.
Repairs to be moved on to Planned Programme
- Full kitchen replacements.
- Full bathroom replacements.
For more information on repairs, visit our report a repair page.