Cynon is one of many former coal mining valleys within South Wales. The Cynon Valley lies between Rhondda and the Merthyr Valleys and takes its name from the River Cynon.
Our Communities in the Cynon are:
Hirwaun, Cwmdare, Penderyn, Rhigos, Penywaun, Trecynon, Aberaman, Aberdare Town, Abernant, Cwmaman and Llywdcoed, Cefnpennar, Cwmbach, Mountain Ash, Fernhill, Abercynon, Perthcelyn, Matthewstown and Ynysboeth
The Havens and Blaengwawr Close, Llys Gwernifor and Cwrt Ynysmeurig.
Meet the team…
Neighbourhood Action Plans
- Take a look at the Estate Assessment Guide to see how we rate our communities.
- Cwmdare, Hirwaun, Penderyn and Rhigos
- Penywaun and Trecynon
- Aberaman, Aberdare, Abernant, Cwmaman and Llwydcoed
- Brynawelon, Cefnpennar, Cwmbach and Mountain Ash
- Abercynon, Matthewstown, Perthcelyn and Ynysboeth
- Want to know more about our future plans? Read through our five year Estate Management Stategy.