Cynon is one of many former coal mining valleys within South Wales. The Cynon Valley lies between Rhondda and the Merthyr Valleys and takes its name from the River Cynon.
We’ve recently reviewed our neighbourhood services team structure to make sure we’re delivering the best service to you – our customers. We’ve done this by separating the Rhondda, Cynon and Taff valleys into six sub-regions and then splitting these into seventeen ‘neighbourhoods’.
Our communities in the Cynon are:
Hirwaun, Cwmdare, Penderyn, Rhigos, Penywaun, Trecynon, Aberaman, Aberdare Town, Abernant, Cwmaman and Llywdcoed.
The Havens and Blaengwawr Close.
Cefnpennar, Cwmbach, Mountain Ash, Fernhill, Abercynon, Perthcelyn, Matthewstown and Ynysboeth.
Llys Gwernifor and Cwrt Ynysmeurig.
Meet the teams…
Neighbourhood Action Plans
- Take a look at the Estate Assessment Guide to see how we rate our communities.
- Cwmdare, Hirwaun, Penderyn and Rhigos
- Penywaun and Trecynon
- Aberaman, Aberdare, Abernant, Cwmaman and Llwydcoed
- Brynawelon, Cefnpennar, Cwmbach and Mountain Ash
- Abercynon, Matthewstown, Perthcelyn and Ynysboeth
- Want to know more about our future plans? Read through our five year Estate Management Stategy.