Trivallis is currently consulting on the proposed development of 10 properties along Derwen Road, near Trivallis’ existing estate at Sandybank.
This development would see the previously developed land brought back into use with an attractive mix of new homes for social rent.
We will be running a pre-planning application consultation event on the proposed development on 12 July 2023 at Rhondda Sports Centre. Representatives from Trivallis and LRM planning will be available between 3:00-6pm, to answer any planning related questions.
Representatives from RCTCBC Children’s services will also be available to discuss the inclusion of a property for their use on the development.
During the consultation for Derwen Road, the Trivallis Planning team will also be providing an update on nearby works in William Street. The planning application for this 2×4 bedroom home development has already been submitted by the contractor and an udpate will be provided on the progress made with our local contractors WK Plasterers.
If you have any further questions about either development, please get in touch at DART@trivallis.co.uk
Frequently Asked Questions
Background to the proposed development:
- The development will see land that was previously built on redeveloped to provide an attractive mix of new homes and associated landscaping. The empy land and surorunding area ghas exprienced high levels of anti-social behaviour over recent years and through redevelopment, Trivallis hope to reduce this.
What type of accommodation is being built?
- At Trivallis it is important we build sustainable communities where all residents have the same opportunities. We have worked closely with Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council to determine what type of properties are most needed in the area. A mix of 10 properties will be built on the site, including 4 x 1 bed walk-up flats, 2 x 2 bed homes, 2 x 3 bed homes, 1 x 2 bed adapted bungalow and a care facility for RCTCBC Children’s Services.
Will there be parking on site?
- Yes, each property will have adequate parking along with several visitor parking bays
Has the scheme been given planning permission?
- The scheme has not been given planning permission yet. As the scheme is over 10 units, it is classed as a ‘major development’ and we are required to undertake statutory pre-application consultation under the Planning (Wales) Act 2015. This takes place for a period of 28 days prior to the full planning application being submitted to Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council.
Trivallis’ standard procedure is to hold a full public consultation event where the local community are invited along to view the plans and have the opportunity to discuss the proposals with a member of the Development Team, before any application is submitted, hence why we are inviting you along to this consultation event.
Where can I view the proposals?
- In addition to the public consultation event, Trivallis have appointed LRM Planning as our Planning Consultant for this development and they will be managing the pre-application consultation for us. All of the plans can be found on their website when the PAC period is live. Trivallis also welcome any requests to view the proposals directly and the Development Team can be contacted on DART@trivallis.co.uk
What are the timescales for this development?
- Following the pre-application consultation period, the full application will be submitted to RCTCBC during August and we are expecting a decision to be made during Autumn 2023.
If planning is approved we anticipate construction works could commence during Summer 2024 but this is an estimate at this stage.