Many people enjoy gardening, it’s great for your mental health, keeps you busy and can be really rewarding.
Sometimes it may be a struggle to know how to maintain your garden and what you need to do to have somewhere that you can relax.
So, if you need some advice on some simple ways, you can maintain your garden, take a look at our suggestions below:
- When choosing plants, select ones that are easy to look after and the ones that don’t need much maintenance.
- Water your garden regularly, making sure your plants and lawn don’t dry out.
- Along with watering, plants need nutrients to help them thrive. You can find these at your local supermarket or gardening store.
- Look after your lawn. We have advice on how to maintain your lawn, here.
- De-heading your plants is important to keep them healthy and making sure they don’t get out of control.
- Regular weeding by digging them up with a small trowel or your hand will help keeps your garden growing and reduce the damage caused by weeds.
- Keep the pests out! We have advice on keeping unwanted visitors out of your garden, here.
- Keep your garden tidy by removing any rubbish or items you no longer need and dispose of in the correct way. More information on disposing your rubbish can be found, here.
If you’re looking for more garden advice, visit our caring for your garden page.