Things can change in people’s lives, that may cause more strain on relationships at home and with neighbours. In some situations, mediation may need to be considered. A mediator is someone who doesn’t know either of you and is trained to help people resolve disagreements.
The Neighbour Relations Service can help to put things back on track. If you decide to use this service:
- You don’t have to meet with your neighbour.
- You don’t have to talk with them, you can pass messages through a negotiator/facilitator.
- It’s confidential, so you can control what gets said and shared.
- It’s a quick process, things can improve within a few days and some issues can be resolved.
What are the benefits?
- It can resolve or improve situations.
- It costs you nothing.
- It helps everyone act responsibly and consider their behaviours.
- It helps everyone understand the affect that their behaviours have on others.
- It is a specialist service.
Using a mediator may help you structure what you want to say and help you say it in a clear and appropriate way. They will work with you to agree what will be said which will help more the conversation in the right direction for everyone involved.
If you would like to use a mediator to help you, please speak to your Neighbourhood Manager or Sheltered Scheme Coordinator.
For more information around anti-social behaviour, please visit our ASB page.