Does something need fixing within your walls, ceilings or roof?
When you report your repair we’ll try and take as many details as possible to help establish the type of work that will be needed and understand the timescale we will need to work to. This will be based on the nature of the work, the impact of the issue, the availability of materials and other factors.
The below sets out a suggested timeframe over which you might expect the repair issue to be dealt with. This may range between 24 hours to 7 days for high priority works, and up to 6-12 months for less urgent repairs that may be made safe in the first instance and then followed up for a longer term fix.
Repairs to be completed within 24hrs
- Emergency Asbestos clean/make safe.
Repairs to be completed within 7 working days
- Leaking roof.
Repairs to be completed within 20 working days
- Make safe external rendering (temporary repair) – ensure property is left watertight.
Repairs to be completed within 3 months
- Internal plastering to walls or ceilings
Repairs to be completed within 6-12 months
- All roofing repairs only follow a temporary repair.
- Renewal of loft insulation.
- Chimney removals.
Repairs to be moved on to Planned Programme
- Retaining walls and boundary walls (following being made safe if required).
For more information on repairs, visit our report a repair page.