Does something need fixing with your windows or doors?
When you report your repair we’ll try and take as many details as possible to help establish the type of work that will be needed and understand the timescale we will need to work to. This will be based on the nature of the work, the impact of the issue, the availability of materials and other factors.
The below sets out a suggested timeframe over which you might expect the repair issue to be dealt with. This may range between 24 hours to 7 days for high priority works, and up to 6-12 months for less urgent repairs that may be made safe in the first instance and then followed up for a longer term fix.
Repairs to be completed within 24hrs
- Insecure external window, door, or lock.
Repairs to be completed within 7 working days
- Door entry phone not working.
Repairs to be completed within 3 months
- Renew broken glass.
Repairs to be completed within 6-12 months
- Misted or condensated glass (main pane within living room or bedroom only (does not include side or top opening sashes).
- New UPVC doors/windows following a make safe or temporary repair.
Repairs to be moved on to Planned Programme
- Misted or condensated glass (unless main pane in living room or bedroom).
- New UPVC doors or windows (if due to age).
For more information on repairs, visit our report a repair page.